For those who used Agile Messenger during Iphone 1.14 firmware days, they will know how cool is this IM client.
Basically, this chat client is priced at $9.99 for the first 30 days.
After that, the price of this app will change. This is similar to Beejive which is priced at $9.99 for two days and will revert to the original price after that.
I played around with the app and have the following impressions:
1. Agile messenger allows forwarding of your friends’ messages to your email when you are offline.
2. Agile uses its own gateway to help you stay online instead of using iphone backgrounder process which sucks up your battery. This is a server-side feature (agile’s servers) rather than a client’s side feature (eg. your iphone).
3. It is able to show offline contacts. You can turn this feature on and off.
4. You can configure the type of fonts used in your nick, status and group.You can also change the size of the fonts and configure the size of your IM icons by using the slider. Slide left to decrease and right to increase.
5. You are able to chat with your friends in tabbed browser mode. If you want to close a particular conversation with your friend, you need to tap the “menu” button followed by a “Close” action. You are able to send pictures to the conversation from sources like your camera, photo library or saved photos.
If you got too many chat opened, you got to tap “Menu” followed by “Close” action many times. It will be good to have a small cross icon beside the menu button to enable closing of the chat windows more easier.
6. You can enable auto-correction on to do spell-check of what you type in your chat windows.
7. You are able to check your friends’ contact information, move a particular contact to a group or even rename the contacts.
8. You can take ad-hoc pics from your camera and send to the chat window.
9. You can send your recorded voice message directly to the chat window by holding on the loudspeaker icon on the right and speaking through your iphone’s microphone.
10. Agile messenger differentiates between the various IM clients by the following colours:
– Green for icq
– Blue for msn
– Yellow for AIM
– Red for yahoo messenger
– Grey for Jabber
– Purple for Goggle Talk
You have to remember the color codes especially when you open too many IM clients like icq, msn all together.
This can be overcomed as the user uses this app more often. Beginners may have a hard time at first.
11. You are able to keep history of your text messages as well as voice messages and browse them when you are online.
12. You can add many different emoticons to your chat windows.
Ease of Use: 4/5
Value for Money: 4/5
Type of users Catered for: General Users
If you like what you see here in this review,